Part Time Photographer
Cheyenne Camping Center was founded in 1966 by the Frazer family. Today, Cheyenne Camping Center is located in Walcott, Iowa and has become one of the nation’s top performing and growing RV dealerships. We are proud to serve not only our Iowa clients, but customers from all 50 states and 22 different countries!
Our goal is to offer a comprehensive, detailed presentation of each RV model, allowing our remote buyers an up-close tour wherever they are. Providing this detailed visual information to our buyers before committing to a large purchase is one of many keys to our success. Our photos have been recognized as some of the best in the industry and we continue to refine our techniques in order to offer our customers the very best RV buying experience!
We are currently looking to add a photographer to our team. Our unit photographers shoot new and used RVs that will be advertised on our website, various online venues, and social media. Shooting takes place in our well-lit, climate controlled showroom. Hours are dependent on time of year and number of units that need to be documented but generally 1-3 days per week, approximately 6 hours each day. Photo editing can be done remotely.
This is a very rewarding job, but can also be physically demanding at times. You will often be in confined areas where creative solutions are required to get the perfect shot. Shooting is done with available light and tripod mounted camera. You will be thoroughly trained to use our specific techniques and closely supervised through the initial process to ensure your success. Follow-up training and feedback will be provided as needed. You will process and edit the camera RAW files in Adobe Lightroom then upload the catalog and files to Dropbox.
With our ongoing effort to expand our content, including video production and design, there may be an opportunity to grow into a full-time position in the future. If you think you’re the right person for this job, please apply now!
- Photographing all interior and exterior aesthetic and functional aspects of each RV.
- Setting-up and closing tent campers, truck campers, and operating slide-outs.
- Decorating units in a tasteful and constructive manner with provided props.
- Process camera RAW files via Adobe Lightroom.
- Upload files to Dropbox.
- Some general photography experience is required. A candidate with professional experience, especially Architectural Photography, is preferred.
- Experience using Adobe Lightroom.
- High-speed internet access.
- Highly motivated with a good work ethic and the highest standards.
- Creative, take pride in work, and attention to detail.
- Ability to:
- Operate a company provided camera and tripod.
- Work in confined spaces where squatting, crawling, or crouching in tight areas is unavoidable.
- Climb ladders up to 12’.
- Lift and carry a minimum of 25 pounds.
- Get from home and work on scheduled days.